My Kitchen is Finally finished. Well 95% finished!
Just need to fix base trim next to pantry door. I
started painting cabinets in February and finally
finished in August. Seven months of constant work.
I’ll post tutorials in the future of these projects.
Here’s a list of what we did.
- Painted cabinets with Chalk Paint, many coats with distressing.
- After painting we decided to put up crown. Should have thought of that first. Then that had to be painted and distressed. Did I mention we’ve never done crown before? Babes did great.
- Made legs from curtain rod finials and those were painted to match cabinets. Never made those before.
- Painted the under cabinets whatchamacallit black so it gives it the dilution of furniture feet.
- Put new hardware pulls and knobs on cabinets.
- Installed granite we had outside for about 7 years. Granite had to be grinded and polished. Tons of work but loving it. Did I mention we’ve never installed granite before. That stuff weighs a ton!
- Installed the farm house sink with new faucet.
- Painted pantry door with chalk paint. I love chalk Paint!
- Installed the white subway tile backsplash. Did I mention we’ve never done tile before.
- Craftsman style window frame and door frame. Nope never done door frame before!
- Ceiling fan that was in our office that was in our dining room in Florida was relocated to the new kitchen. It looked perfect in the updated kitchen.